We are only able to consider candidates in the following states and are not hiring individuals outside of the US for this role.
Indiana, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Massachusetts, Georgia
CQL connects some of the most well-known brands with the people who love them. We are a group of authentic individuals that value forward thinking, learning, and a strong dedication to craft. Our individual passions range from scuba diving to DnD but our goal has never changed, to help make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
We embrace diversity and equity in a serious way. We are proud and committed to building a culture with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Differences are valued. Be yourself. We like it that way.
$80,000 – $130,000 annually
About the Job
The eCommerce Business Analyst is a key player in the Discovery, Design, and Build phases of our projects. This role acts as a lead on projects with responsibilities that include the following:
- Facilitating the project discovery process through workshops and defining client requirements and scope
- Assisting in project scope estimation.
- Working closely with the design team to determine best practices and project scope for the various eCommerce platforms
- Outlining the work necessary to fulfill the client’s requirements and expectations through the use of User Stories and Tasks
- Driving projects forward through continuous engagement with both internal and client-facing teams
As an integral component in the planning and execution of platform requirements, integrations, migrations, and data planning, the BA will create documentation, define roadmaps, and assist with project planning, prior to working with the development team on the expectations of new builds.
- 3+ years of experience in major eCommerce projects, writing User Stories, Technical and Functional Specification Documents at the project and feature level is required
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms such as Version Control Systems (Git), CI/CD (GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Bamboo), Gulp, Jira, GitHub, and Bitbucket
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms and knowledge of the workflows associated with eCommerce as a whole, specifically Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Shopify, or BigCommerce.
- Experience working in Agile development environments; utilizing Scrum principles to execute projects.
- Agency experience – Experience working in a digital agency serving retail and/or other brands
- Previous experience working with enterprise-level clients in a Pre-Sales, Business Analyst or Solution Engineering capacity
- Excellent speaking and presentations skills and experience both in-person and over-the-web
- Superb writing skills and confidence with both internal and external communications
- Strong time management skills, allowing for multiple projects and sales cycles to run in parallel
- Creative attitude and the ability to think “outside of the box” with a desire to develop solutions for enterprise-level customers
- Business acumen with experience transforming business process to attain business goals of our customers
- Partner with the sales team during the discovery process to align with business goals and determine what areas need further review and additional understanding
- Outline missing requirements and expectations from the client and run workshops that assist in closing these gaps for a more robust understanding of the project as a whole
- Assist in creating additional documentation that outline the technical approach of the project and any estimates that may have been modified via output of the discovery sessions
- Establishing technical credibility and professional rapport with Client and Client account partners through product demonstrations and technical discovery calls
- Determining the optimal and most cost-effective solutions
- Providing cost and timeline estimates to clients and stakeholders
- Validate and verify that requirements have been properly mapped to actual business needs, have been approved by relevant stakeholders, and meet quality standards
- Create new solutions using out-of-the-box thinking to enable Client’s business initiatives to be realized
- Routinely engage with sales and development teams to provide product and Client feedback and find opportunities to further improve our products, sales/implementation processes, and overall customer experience
- Identify and apply internal resources (Account Executives, Solutions Engineers, etc.) to build roadmaps, assist in sales cycles, and close business deals
What we bring
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as an HSA
- Simple IRA with 3% matching
- Maternal and paternal leave, including leave for fostering and adoption
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off so you can live your life
- Recognition – it’s routine and encouraged
- Shop Talks – peers present on their passions to teach and grow others
- Certification trainings and conferences
- Remote Happy Hour, Coffee Chats, and the occasional cooking class
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
Third Party Resumes
CQL does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they are contractually engaged by CQL to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CQL will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.