The User Interface Design Intern works closely with the Design team to design digital experiences through an understanding of the client’s brand, business requirements, and technical limitations. The User Interface Design Intern will be asked to assist in a variety of design tasks to support the design and development of sites and apps (Sitemaps, taxonomies, wireframes, creative concepts, prototypes, etc.). Candidates can be from a UX/UI or Creative background.
We are expecting this Internship to begin mid May and go through mid August. We are looking for qualified candidates who will sit onsite at one of our offices in either Grand Rapids or Ann Arbor, MI. COVID-19 may change this expectation.
- Designs the user interface, such as wireframes or comps, in Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Assists in design strategy deliverables such as taxonomy, personas, user journeys, and user flows
- Understand clients’ business goals and objectives and identify user pain-points
- QA work completed by developers, provides feedback, and ensures visual quality aligns to design
- Communicates with Project Manager to provide project status updates and gather feedback
- Conducts industry research and competitive benchmarking for visual and user experience recommendations directly related to project deliverables
Non Essential Responsibilities
- Performs administrative tasks such as attending internal team and company-wide meetings, responding to emails, and time tracking
- Weekly meetings with a team lead to discuss goals, progress, and challenges
- Contributes to organization of team documents and processes
Skills and Requirements
- Must be a Junior or Senior in College pursuing an education in Graphic Design, Digital Media, or UX/UI Design/Human Computer Interaction
- Possess a desire to work in a team environment
- Possess a willingness to adapt to changing priorities and learn quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing
- Dedicated to improving your craft and having a positive outlook
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our nearly 25 years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct ecommerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Microsoft, and Magento we have built global ecommerce platforms, helped challenger brands differentiate themselves with custom applications and guided the launch of multiple digital ventures.
Our goal has never changed from the early years – which is to help make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.