Talent Acquisition Specialist Position Summary
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will partner with leadership and Human Resources to manage all recruiting efforts for the CQL team (full cycle recruitment). Your challenge will be to develop strategic sourcing methods to attract qualified candidates that align with CQL skill set needs while creating a great recruitment experience for both candidates and hiring managers. You will represent CQL brand, values and culture both internally and externally and be tasked with managing contractors throughout their engagement with CQL.
We are looking for someone familiar with digital technology and an eye for talent who also thrives on building networks and good working relationships. This role will report to the Vice President of Operations.
What’s so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental, Foster and Adoption Leave
- 100% remote work if desired
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development program including paid skillset training and certifications, industry conferences, workshops, and networking engagements
- Volunteer opportunities (Girls Who Code, Coding for Good, Junior Achievement)
- Collaborative environment (whether in person or virtual) where people care for one another
- Tight-knit organization with an emphasis on culture (annual holiday party, remote coffee chats, happy hours, and virtual cooking events)
What Will I Do as a Talent Acquisition Specialist?
On a daily basis, you will not only work with a great team, but you will:
- Maintain an active list of CQL’s open job requisitions aligned to sales pipeline and capacity planning. Align with department leads to understand requirements for each requisition (both full-time and contractor).
- Develop and execute a process for candidate qualifying activities, as well as communications, pre-interview screenings, and conduct of initial interviews.
- Cultivate candidate sourcing strategies through social channels, job boards and other avenues to provide CQL with a pool of qualified talent. Become CQL’s recruitment expert without relying on separate placement agency expenses or fees.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the services that CQL sells in order to be able to communicate with candidates about the opportunity at CQL, as well as gauge the depth of knowledge/skillset of the candidate.
- Maintain an employee/contractor hiring forecast and report to the leadership team on a bi-weekly basis.
- Craft language and maintain active job postings on various employment websites or other social channels, including CQL’s website.
- Coordinate, develop, and implement recruitment-related policies and processes.
- Develop and seek approval for a budget for recruitment-related activities that support CQL being self-sufficient in this space
- Partner with HR and Leadership on initiatives to improve employee engagement and retention
- Execute strategies for understanding team member work or environment challenges (that might lead to turnover) and coordinate with CQL leadership to define solutions
- Review and provide feedback to HR on CQL onboarding activities
- Understand CQL career paths for different roles and ensuring new hires are aware of these growth opportunities
- Research employment retention trends that might benefit CQL and make recommendations to CQL’s Leadership Team for their adoption. Ensure CQL is staying on the cutting edge of company offerings and remaining competitive
- Coordinate with Human Resources as necessary to support employee and contractor engagement
- Participate and lead CQL culture related activities
What Training, Skills, or Qualifications Do I Need?
We know you are probably a great candidate, however, there are a few things we would like
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Human Resources, Management, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least one (1) to two (2) years of experience in recruiting, retention and human resources-related roles.
- At least two (2) years of experience recruiting technical talent (Software Developers, Technical Architects, QA, Project Managers, Solution Architects, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both a business and technical level
- Ability to synthesize information from data
- Ability to manage time and tasks well; comfortable asking questions and reporting concerns, as needed
- Ability to present process improvement recommendations and refine them to align with both employee and CQL needs
- Possess a willingness to adapt to changing priorities and learn quickly
- Possess a desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage time and resources appropriately and effectively
- Possess a willingness to mentor and train others
What Kind of Experience or Training is Good to Have?
While not required, it is great if you have the following:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office Suite, CRM software
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems like JazzHR
- Understands the basic concepts of web development and design process
- Experience in the eCommerce web development industry or another related field
- Experience recruiting digital design and strategy professionals
- Results-Focus: Strength in planning, organizing, and implementing projects to meet established goals.
- Relationship Building: Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and co-workers.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Ability to identify business opportunities, take calculated risks, and act quickly.
- Presentation: Ability to effectively present information to a group.
- Strategic Planner: Ability to offer advice and create a plan based on analysis of issues and trends, develop a vision for the future, and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
- Decision Making: Ability to select an effective course of action by understanding issues, comparing solutions, and drawing conclusions to resolve problems.
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our nearly 25 years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct ecommerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Microsoft, and Magento we have built global ecommerce platforms, helped challenger brands differentiate themselves with custom applications and guided the launch of multiple digital ventures.
Our goal has never changed from the early years – which is to help make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected Veteran status.