CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our nearly 25 years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct ecommerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Microsoft, and Magento we have built global ecommerce platforms, helped challenger brands differentiate themselves with custom applications and guided the launch of multiple digital ventures.
Our goal has never changed from the early years – which is to help make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
The Software Development Intern is responsible for developing and implementing high-quality, scalable software solutions for custom applications using industry best practices and the latest technology trends. This position works directly with Development Team Members, Project Managers, and occasionally clients from project kick-off to deployment by gathering requirements and developing solutions to meet client expectations.
- Work in an agile development team environment to develop software
- Build out a list of manageable tasks based on the assigned larger stories
- Participate in architecture reviews, peer code reviews, and generate documentation
- Write maintainable code for projects on assigned tasks that meets acceptance criteria to ensure software solution meets client expectations.
- Troubleshoots, investigates, and fixes issues on new or existing systems
Non Essential Responsibilities
- Researches and develops new features and data reports based on prioritized requirements as requested by the client
- Performs administrative tasks such as attending internal team and company-wide meetings, responding to emails, and time tracking
- Weekly meetings with a team lead to discuss goals, progress, and challenges
Skills and Requirements
- Enrolled in a University pursuing a degree in Computer Science or similar
- Coursework or work experience related to object-oriented concepts and languages (Java, Ruby, C#, Go, ASP.NET, Objective C, C++, PHP)
- Knowledge of or the desire to learn database design and architecture, such as SQL Server and Mongo
- Possess a desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing
- Dedicated to improving your craft and having a positive outlook
- Possess excellent organizational skills
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.