Senior Frontend Developer Position Summary
Are you someone who seeks to work with an incredible team of smart people delivering innovative solutions to our clients? Do you pair well with team members, especially developers? Can you handle Tech Lead responsibilities? CQL is an integrated digital agency that values its team members and strives to work at the forefront of technology, while also supporting the lifestyles our team members desire. Culture is very important to CQL, so we hope you are seeking to join a collaborative team that cares for one another and desires to help you grow your skills and your career. CQL’s front end developers are responsible for creating and implementing high-quality, scalable software solutions for Business to Consumer eCommerce clients using industry best practices and the latest technology trends.
In this position, you will work directly with team members who have extensive eCommerce experience (we’ve been supporting Cyber Mondays since the term was coined in 2005), including Strategists, Designers, Project Managers, and Digital Marketing Specialists.
What Will I Do as a Senior Frontend Developer?
On a daily basis, you will not only work with a great team, but you will:
- Write code for projects on assigned tasks
- Work with CQL’s Design team to define and implement end-user functionality
- Estimate task complexity and development cost in detail (task assumptions and dependencies) so CQL’s Project Managers can provide accurate client quotes and allocate resources appropriately
- Analyze requirements and work to determine specific issue details
- Work with CQL’s Technical Team to write acceptance criteria to ensure software solution meets client expectations
- Review, test, and provide feedback on work by other developers to ensure code quality. Submit ongoing work for review by peers and/or technical lead
- Write client test plans instructing clients how to set up and execute tests against changes made to the software
- Complete training and tutorials to learn new languages and skills to better support clients; Research best practices and understand code structure and organization of code
- Identify issues with existing code and proactively suggest recommended changes to prevent challenges in the future
- Accumulate domain knowledge around existing clients and projects to assist them with ongoing needs
- Prepare project code releases, coordinate changes with client, and send code to production upon approval from quality assurance; provide hotfixes or project releases, as needed
- Ensure high-level requirements are gathered and guidance is provided to Technical Team for proper story writing
- Bring new staff members up to speed on project configuration and prepares them to contribute as part of the technical team
Technical Lead Responsibilities
- Ensures high-level requirements are gathered to provide guidance to Technical Team for proper story writing
- Brings new staff members up to speed on project configuration and prepares them to contribute as part of the technical team
- Assigns tasks in partnership with the Project Manager to ensure all tasks are accomplished
What Training, Skills, or Qualifications Do I Need?
We know you are probably a great candidate, however, there are a few things we would like to see in your background:
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in eCommerce web development
- At least 5 years of web development experience
- 1-2 years of experience acting as a tech lead on large-scale projects
- Advanced experience with HTML5, and CSS, SASS
- Experience integrating third-party APIs (Google Merchant Center, Google Tag Manager, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience working in Agile development environments; utilizing Scrum principals to execute projects
What Kind of Experience or Training is Good to Have?
While not required, it is great if you have the following:
- Workarea, Shopify Plus, or Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms, Version Control Systems (such as Git or Mercurial), Jenkins, Gulp, Jira, Confluence, Git Hub, and Bit Bucket a plus
- ReactJS experience a huge plus
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our nearly 25 years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct eCommerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Shopify Plus, Workarea, Microsoft, and Magento we have built global eCommerce platforms, helped challenger brands differentiate themselves with custom applications, and guided the launch of multiple digital ventures.
Our goal has never changed from the early years – which is to help make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
What’s so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive compensation including salary, medical, dental
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Paid Time Off
- Work Away from the Office policy offering you flexibility in how you do your work
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative workplace (whether in person or virtual) where people care for one another
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.