Are you someone who seeks to work with an incredible team of smart people delivering innovative solutions to our clients? CQL is an integrated digital agency that values its team members and strives to work at the forefront of technology, while also supporting the lifestyles our team members desire. Culture is very important to CQL, so we hope you are seeking to join a collaborative team that cares for one another and desires to help you grow your skills and your career. CQL’s Workarea developers are responsible for creating and implementing high-quality, scalable software solutions for Business to Consumer eCommerce clients on the Workarea platform using industry best practices and the latest technology trends. In this position, you will work directly with team members who have extensive ecommerce experience (we’ve been supporting Cyber Mondays since the term was coined in 2005), Project Managers, and occasionally clients from project kick-off to deployment by gathering requirements and developing solutions to meet client expectations.
What Will I Do?
- Write Workarea code for projects on assigned tasks
- Work with CQL’s Design team to define and implement end-user functionality
- Estimate task complexity and development cost in detail (task assumptions and dependencies) so CQL’s Project Managers can provide accurate client quotes and allocate resources appropriately
- Analyze requirements and work with CQL’s Project Managers and clients to determine specific issue details
- Work with CQL’s Technical Team to write acceptance criteria to ensure software solution meets client expectations
- Regularly communicate with CQL’s Project Managers regarding task-level ticket status, including updates to project management software to reflect task progress and state
- Review, test, and provide feedback on work by other developers to ensure code quality. Submit ongoing work for review by peers and/or technical lead
- Write client test plans instructing clients how to set up and execute tests against changes made to the software
- Complete training and tutorials to learn new languages and skills to better support clients; Research best practices and understands code structure and organization of code
- Identify issues with existing code and proactively suggest recommended changes to prevent challenges in the future
- Accumulate domain knowledge around existing clients and projects to assist them with ongoing needs
- Prepare project code releases, coordinate changes with client, and send code to production upon approval from quality assurance; provide hotfixes or project releases, as needed
- Ensure high-level requirements are gathered to provide guidance to Technical Team for proper story writing
- Bring new staff members up to speed on project configuration and prepares them to contribute as part of the technical team
- Assign tasks in partnership with CQL’s Project Managers to ensure all tasks are accomplished
What Do I Need?
We know you are probably a great candidate, however, there are a few things we would like to see in your background.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in eCommerce web development
- At least 2 years of experience in back-end software development
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer certification received within the past two years
- Experience in languages and platforms such as C#, .NET, Ruby on Rails, and Java
- Advanced experience with HTML5, and CSS, SASS
- Experience with MVC and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Familiarity with non-SFCC eCommerce platforms preferred
- Experience integrating third-party APIs (Google Merchant Center, Google Tag Manager, Facebook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms, Version Control Systems (such as Git or Mercurial), Jenkins, Gulp, Jira, Confluence, Git Hub, and Bit Bucket
- Experience working in Agile development environments; utilizing Scrum principals to execute projects
What’s Good to Have?
While not required, it is great if you have the following:
- Workarea experience a plus
- Familiarity with non-SFCC eCommerce platforms, preferred
What’s so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive compensation including salary, medical, dental
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Paid Time Off
- Work Away From the Office policy offering you flexibility in how you do your work
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative workplace where people care for one another
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.