Quality Assurance Lead Engineer Position Summary
The QA Lead role plays an important part in CQL’s software development process. In this newly created role as the QA Lead, you will partner with internal technical and design teams to lay the foundation for industry standard processes and methodologies when it comes to Quality Assurance. This position will be responsible for conducting tests before client launches to ensure all software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
Other QA responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions, and developing and executing exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The QA will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.
This position works directly with team members, Project Managers, and occasionally clients from project kick-off to deployment by gathering requirements and developing solutions to meet client expectations.
What will I do as the Quality Assurance Lead Engineer?
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Responsible for the documentation of test cases and providing test plans to customers
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing Ecommerce Platforms to meet client needs
- Liaison with internal teams (e.g. developers and project managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Brings new staff members up to speed on project configuration and prepares them to contribute as part of the QA team
- Assigns tasks in partnership with the Project Manager to ensure all tasks are accomplished
- Troubleshoots, investigates, and fixes issues on existing client systems, in coordination with Project Managers
- Researches and develops new features and data reports based on prioritized requirements as requested by the client
- Assists clients by providing instruction on proper use of CQL developed software
- Assists coworkers and interns with setting up projects locally to allow them to troubleshoot reported issues
- Works with local user groups, non-profit organizations, and others to make arrangements to organize community outreach activities, in-house discussions, or other company events
- Performs administrative tasks such as attending internal team and company-wide meetings, responding to emails, and daily time tracking
- Other duties as assigned
What Training, Skills, or Qualifications Do I Need?
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of experience in QA manual testing
- Proven work experience in software development and quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Ecommerce Industry and platform experience (Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Shopify, Magento, Workarea/VTEX preferred)
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- QA/Sandbox site configurations
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Working knowledge of source control and branching strategies
- Possess a desire to work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both a business and technical level
- Ability to consider cause problems and use root analysis to provide creative solutions to complex technical and business issues
- Ability to manage time and tasks well; comfortable asking questions and reporting concerns to leadership
- Ability to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Ability to pay close attention to detail; asking clarifying questions to gather all relevant information
- Welcome constructive feedback and apply it to future performance
- Dedicated to improving your craft and having a positive outlook
- Possess a willingness to mentor and train others
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our 25+ years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct e-commerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Shopify and Magneto we have built global Ecommerce solutions, helping leading and challenger brands differentiate themselves while driving billions in online revenue and designing innovative customer experiences.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
What’s so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive compensation structure and medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Paid Time Off
- Work Away From the Office policy
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative workplace where people care for one another
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.