QA Specialist Position Summary
This position can be performed 100% remote or in one of our two Michigan offices.
The QA Specialist role plays an important par in CQL’s software development process. In this role, you will partner with internal technical and design teams to lay the foundation for industry standard processes and methodologies when it comes to Quality Assurance. This position will be responsible for conducting tests before client launches to ensure all software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
What you’ll do
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Developing and implementing standards for inspection / evaluation / functional testing
- Responsible for the documentation of test cases and providing test plans to customers
- Developing a workflow for site inspection
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Monitor debugging process and report on results / concerns to address
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Setup Sandbox / QA environment
What we bring
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off so you can live your life
- Recognition – it’s routine and encouraged
- Shop Talks – peers present on their passions to teach and grow others
- Certification trainings and conferences
- Remote Happy Hour, Coffee Chats, and the occasional cooking class
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
What’s unique about CQL
CQL connects some of the most well-known brands with the people who love them. We are a group of authentic individuals that value forward thinking, learning, and a strong dedication to craft.
Our individual passions range from scuba diving to DnD but our goal has never changed, to help make technology simple and the commerce experience compelling.
CQL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We only care that you’re the best person for the job.