Are you someone who seeks to work with an incredible team of e-commerce and digital experts delivering innovative solutions to the market? CQL is an integrated digital e-commerce agency that values its team members and strives to work at the forefront of technology, while also supporting the lifestyles our team members desire. Culture is very important to CQL, so we hope you are seeking to join a collaborative team that cares for one another and desires to help you grow your skills and your career.
The Project Manager functions as the key liaison between the Development, Creative, and User Experience Teams, Client, Success Managers, and other Project Stakeholders. The Project Manager is responsible for monitoring and maximizing project health by allocating team assignments, maintaining consistent communication, ensuring budget and timeline adherence, and ensuring client satisfaction with project implementation.
What will I do as a Project Manager?
On a daily basis, you will not only work with a great team, but you will:
- Acts as the primary point of contact for day-to-day client communication; respond to questions about timelines, collaborates on resolving issues, and coordinates execution of long term plans
- Manages project and task progress in the project management system; ensures the project team is achieving deliverables and that work will be delivered on time as expected by the client. Coordinates with the team to conduct ticket status follow up with client or project team
- Monitors employee time against allocation and project scope; investigates issues and works to resolve them with the employee or escalates issues, as needed, to management
- Creates and presents weekly status updates to Vice President of Operations, Success Managers, and/or clients to provide a snapshot of overall project health, progress, and projections
- Creates project team utilization forecasts, project schedules, and timelines. Works with the project team to ensure deliverables and estimates are aligned and accounted for within the project plan. Presents project plan to clients for alignment and approval
- Provides leadership to the project team. Facilitates collection of current status, analysis of open issues, and provides direction and priority related to the next steps. Schedules and facilitates regular internal meetings such as stand-ups, internal status, and retrospectives
- Schedules and facilitates client meetings such as stand-ups, planning sessions, status updates, and collaboration meetings regarding project kick-off, touchpoints, retrospectives, and user acceptance testing
- Captures potential risks communicated by internal and external stakeholders and documents them in regular status reports. Manages risk by creating mitigation plans with the project team. Implement mitigation plans if the risk is realized
- Prepares and issues invoices for projects managed; reviews and comments on invoices prepared by team members for accuracy
- Assists team members in ensuring access to all projects, documents, time tracking, and task management systems. Helps to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Meets regularly with Success Manager to align client communication approach and discuss potential opportunities to foster long-term relationships with clients. Collaborates with the Success Manager on strategic direction of the account
- Manages three (3) to five (5) small to mid-sized projects that are under 1000 hours, utilize standard CQL process and involve one (1) to two (2) CQL disciplines
- Manages four (4) to seven (7) client support engagements in addition to project workload
- Leads the implementation of one (1) to two (2) internal initiatives per year
What Training, Skills, or Qualifications Do I Need?
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Business, Management, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Two (2) to eight (8) years of experience in project management
- Previous eCommerce Project Management experience in an agency environment
- Technical Project Management experience within design and web-based development projects
- Very advanced interpersonal and leadership experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management software
What Kind of Experience or Training is Good to Have?
- PMP, CAPM or Agile-related certification a plus
- Ability to consider problems and use root cause analysis to provide creative solutions to complex technical and business issues
- Ability to synthesize information from data
- Ability to manage time and tasks well; comfortable asking questions and reporting concerns, as needed
- Ability to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Ability to manage time and resources appropriately and effectively
- Ability to take ownership of a project from kickoff to conclusion, remaining accountable for shortcomings and sharing successes
- Possess a willingness to mentor and train others
- Possess a willingness to adapt to changing priorities and learn quickly
- Possess a desire to work in a team environment
- Possess the ability to think critically and take initiative
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our 25+ years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct e-commerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Shopify and Magneto we have built global ecommerce solutions, helping leading and challenger brands differentiate themselves while driving billions in online revenue and designing innovative customer experiences.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
What’s so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- competitive compensation structure and medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Paid Time Off
- Work Away From the Office policy
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative workplace where people care for one another
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.