Partner Manager Position Summary
Are you someone who seeks to work with an incredible team of e-commerce and digital experts delivering innovative solutions to the market? CQL is an integrated digital e-commerce agency that values its team members and strives to work at the forefront of technology, while also supporting the lifestyles our team members desire. Culture is very important to CQL, so we hope you are seeking to join a collaborative team that cares for one another and desires to help you grow your skills and your career. The Partner Manager acts as a liaison between CQL and our technology partners to create business opportunities for both CQL and our partners. As a liaison, the Partner Manager is a leader in the company, responsible in part for new client lead generation, retention, growth and profitability. In addition to expanding and leading our partner network the Partner Manager provides reporting and visibility to the Leadership Team. The Partner Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities to expand and deepen partner relationships, increase partner and CQL revenue, and qualifying lead opportunities that are a fit for CQL. The Partner Manager will own the relationship between CQL and the Partner and will do everything possible to achieve total Partner satisfaction while driving opportunities through the relationships.
What will I do as a Partner Manager?
On a daily basis, you will not only work with a great team, but you will:
- Be active with Partners to help develop lead opportunities for CQL and Partners Meet regularly with Partners to communicate potential leads
- Presentation and education of CQL Services to Partners
- Qualifying lead opportunities that are a fit for CQL and maintaining an active pipeline. Weekly pipeline review of lead generation brought in through Partner Channels
- Work closely with the marketing and sales team to help qualify lead generation
- Need to know Platform Counterpart incentive plans to understand what drives them
- Understand partner incentive offers to win deals that are available for CQL sales team to leverage
- Educate and communicate Partner product roadmap and news to CQL team to keep us up to speed and out in front
- Engage in co-marketing of CQL. Attend Industry events and facilitate joint presentations and events. Negotiating co-marketing deals and sponsorships
- Maintain partner portals and account activity
- Maintain and update marketing distribution lists per Platform Partner
- Partner contract management
- Conduct competitive benchmarking gap analysis on partner offerings to be used in determining which partner solution best aligns with CQL’s services
- Facilitate communication of delivery issues between CQL’s delivery team members and Partner Reps
What Training, Skills, or Qualifications Do I Need?
We know you are probably a great candidate, however, there are a few things we would like to see in your background:
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in marketing, business, communications, related field, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of years of experience in the e-commerce space
- A minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of experience working in Partner Manager related roles
- A network of relationships with current industry leaders, like the following; Shopify, SFCC, Magento, Workarea, Episerver, BigCommerce, etc
What Kind of Experience or Training is Good to Have?
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office Suite, Salesforce CRM
- Understands the basic concepts of web development and design process
- Has an excellent understanding of key e-commerce platforms in the market (Shopify, Workarea, SFCC, Magento, etc) and their differences
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both a business and technical level
- Possess a dynamic and outgoing personality
- Ability to synthesize information from data
- Ability to manage time and tasks well; comfortable asking questions and reporting concerns, as needed
- Ability to present process improvement recommendations and refine them to align with both employee and CQL needs
- Possess a willingness to adapt to changing priorities and learn quickly
- Possess a desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage time and resources appropriately and effectively
- Possess a willingness to mentor and train others
- Results-Focused: Driven to manage outcomes through the lifecycle of relationships with our partners. Ability to drive lead generation and qualify opportunities
- Relationship Building: Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with partners and peers
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Ability to identify business opportunities, take calculated risks and act quickly
- Presentation: Ability to effectively present information to a group
- Strategic Planner: Ability to offer advice and create a plan based on analysis of issues and trends
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our 25+ years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct e-commerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Shopify and Magneto we have built global ecommerce solutions, helping leading and challenger brands differentiate themselves while driving billions in online revenue and designing innovative customer experiences.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
What’s so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive compensation structure including base salary + commission, medical, dental, and vision
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Paid Time Off
- Work Away From the Office policy
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative workplace where people care for one another
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.