Ecommerce Strategist Position Summary
The Ecommerce Strategist will foster relationships with CQL’s clients and successfully deliver strategic direction throughout various engagements with a holistic view and understanding of the Ecommerce Ecosystem. You will represent the CQL brand, values and culture both internally and externally and be tasked with identifying new business opportunities and ways to better market ourselves as an agency in the digital space.
We are looking for someone well versed with the Ecommerce Industry, digital marketing channels, and managing teams. This position will report to the VP of Experience and Design.
What will I do as the Ecommerce Strategist?
On a daily basis, you will not only work with a great team, but you will:
- Be the subject matter expert on Ecommerce strategy at CQL.
- Knowledgeable on CQL’s Ecommerce platform offering and other comparable platforms available in the industry
- Provide thought leadership: publishing blogs, participating in panel discussions, attending conferences, and researching industry trends
- Have a holistic view and understanding of the eCommerce Ecosystem
- Customer Touch Points (web, social, email, in-store, etc)
- Growth Services (performance, SEO, CRO, Analytic, BI, ADA)
- Content and Marketing Tools (content management, localization, personalization, loyalty, email)
- Commerce Tools (multi-site, search, promos, account, product recommendations)
- Product Tools (attributes, taxonomy, configuration, ratings & reviews)
- Order Tools (customer service, order mgmt, payment processing, tax, shipping, returns)
- Engage with CQL pursuit team on client opportunities. Collaborate with the CQL team on defining approach and scope and presenting to the client.
- Create slides and presentations to aid the client in understanding CQL approach
- Document approach and scope in client Statement of Work
- Partner with Sales on client calls
- Lead discovery efforts focused on understanding the landscape and client goals and collaborating with the CQL team to present finding, recommendations and vision
- Create pre-work shop questionnaires
- Identify and lead necessary workshops and activities to understand client business goals and gather high-level requirements and feature sets
- Lead CQL team through synthesis of findings and brainstorming recommendations
- Conduct client checkpoints to ensure alignment
- Conduct research, competitive benchmarking and site analysis as necessary
- Develop deliverables such as user personas, feature set and road maps
- Collaborate on and approve final client presentation deck
- Estimate and scope recommendations
- Conduct platform assessment and selection process with clients
- Provide consultation / oversight to the client and CQL project teams during design and development phases. Help to ensure that recommendations and vision are adhered to in the final delivery
- Support sales and CSM roles with new and existing client evaluation to identify opportunities and recommendations for our clients as a trusted partner
- Oversee and execute on post-launch client engagements that support growth initiatives
- Provide high level strategy for new business opportunities, outlining compelling reasons for having CQL help them grow, work smarter or envision new ideas
- Outline a recommended plan for necessary tactics in the digital space as potential package offerings to help clients drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic
- Manage and cultivate a team of experts to support measurement and marketing eCommerce needs based on client demand
- Understand high-level fit of eComm platforms and client objectives. Create and maintain CQL’s quick form evaluation guide to assist Sales and Client with platform selection
What Training, Skills, or Qualifications Do I Need?
We know you are probably a great candidate, however, there are a few things we would like to see in your background:
- Five (5) to six (6) years of experience in Ecommerce either in consulting or client side management
- Exposure and Understanding of digital marketing channels (PPC, SEO, Email, Social) and back of house product, inventory and order management systems
- Experience managing both team members, contractors and partners
- Experience leading change management initiatives
- Have a methodology for identifying KPIs and supporting measurement plans
What Kind of Experience or Training is Good to Have?
- Site Analysis Tools such as Google Analytics, HotJar, and Crazy Egg
- Understanding of common A/B testing and CRO tools
- Standard agency deliverables such as wireframes, comps, tech specs, etc.
- Google Tag Manager and tagging strategies
- Paid marketing channels including but not limited to Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, etc
- Familiar with common Integrations and Ecommerce partners
- Strategic Thinking – Ability to offer advice and create a plan based on analysis of issues and trends, develop a vision for the future, and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved
- Relationship building – Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and co-workers
- Presentation – Ability to effectively present information to a group
- Decision Making – Ability to select an effective course of action by understanding issues, comparing solutions and drawing conclusions to resolve problems.
CQL is a commerce agency that connects inspiring brands with the people who love them. We serve retailers and manufacturers with a cross-discipline team that delivers strategic insights, design-thinking, and unparalleled technical expertise.
Over our 25+ years in business, we have designed and built consumer-direct Ecommerce websites, distributor portals, and connected-retail solutions. Together with our partners like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Workarea, Shopify and Magneto we have built global ecommerce solutions, helping leading and challenger brands differentiate themselves while driving billions in online revenue and designing innovative customer experiences.
Our Core Values are the foundation of our team. We expect our team members to uphold these values at work and within the community.
- Think Forward – Solve problems. Drive innovation. Be creative. Expand views. Use imagination. Find fulfillment. Challenge the status quo.
- Drive Results – Accomplish goals. Achieve ROI. Deliver value-provide leadership. Help grow. Make each other better.
- Serve with Integrity – Be reliable. Be accountable. Consistently work hard. Be fair. Have purpose. Act authentically.
- Foster Teamwork – Be positive. Be encouraging. Collaborate. Demonstrate citizenship. Welcomes constructive criticism. Be accepting. Celebrate strengths. Support others. Be empowering. Be nurturing. Appreciate differences. Celebrate diversity. Permission to act.
- Live Passionately – Drive for success. Be obsessed. Stay engaged. Be committed. Be self-motivated.
- Dedication to Craft – Be a craftsperson. Learn. Teach. Inspire process.
What’s so Cool About CQL?
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive compensation structure including base salary + commission, medical, dental, and vision
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Paid Time Off
- Work Away From the Office policy
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative workplace where people care for one another
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.