Are you someone who seeks to work with an incredible team of smart people delivering innovative solutions to our clients? CQL is an integrated digital agency that values its team members and strives to work at the forefront of technology, while also supporting the lifestyles our team members desire. The Director of Recruitment and Human Resources (DHR) will work with CQL’s leadership team to proactively identify hiring and contracting needs, as well as ensuring existing team members and contractor satisfaction. The DHR is responsible for seeking new candidates and maintaining a pipeline of potential new full-time team members and contractors, as well as managing HR-related needs of CQL. The DHR will report to the Vice President of Operations.
What Will I Do:
On a daily basis, you will not only work with a great team, but you will:
- Maintain an active list of CQL’s open job requisitions aligned to sales pipeline and capacity planning. Align with department leads to understand requirements for each requisition (both full-time and contractor).
- Develop and execute a process for candidate qualifying activities, as well as communications, pre-interview screenings, and conduct of initial interviews.
- Cultivate candidate sourcing strategies through social channels, job boards, and other avenues to provide CQL with a pool of qualified talent. Become CQL’s recruitment expert without relying on separate placement agency expenses or fees.
- Maintain an employee/contractor hiring forecast and report to the leadership team on a bi-weekly basis.
- Define and execute consistent communication strategies for informing team members and contractors of CQL activities, or areas of interest for their role.
- Execute strategies for understanding team member work or environment challenges (that might lead to turnover) and coordinate with CQL leadership to define solutions.
- Ensure CQL onboarding activities are welcoming, as well as strategies for ongoing team engagement.
- Understand CQL career paths for different CQL roles, and define and execute ways in helping these team members succeed in their growth activities.
- Coordinate learning sessions for team members to ensure CQL is providing value to its team members.
- Execute cyclical surveys with team members to determine satisfaction. As part of this process, establish baseline metrics around certain targeted concerns (with Leadership Team members) and then demonstrate the ability to increase the satisfaction percentage for each of these mutually agreed upon baseline metrics.
- Develop and seek approval for a budget for retention-related activities.
- Ensure CQL maintains updated human resource policies and processes to be competitive with current industry trends.
- Ensure CQL team members and contractors understand current CQL policies and processes, and act as a point person to address human resource concerns that might arise.
- Ensure all CQL managers receive training in employee relations (e.g., interviewing, 1:1 interaction, annual reviews, performance improvement plans, etc.)
- Track completion of team member performance reviews, career plans, and progress against individual performance improvement plans.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend changes to CQL benefit packages.
- Act as a point of escalation for employee issues.
- Maintain Employee Handbook with updated policies and procedures.
What Do I Need:
Our desire is that you have the following:
- Required: The individual who fills this role should have a minimum of three years of experience recruiting individuals for a digital software design and/or development agency.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Business, Management, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of experience in a related industry.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of experience in recruiting, retention and human resources-related roles.
What’s So Cool About CQL:
Following are some of the perks that make working at CQL fun:
- Competitive compensation including salary, medical, dental
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Offices are dog-friendly (and occasionally cat-friendly, too)
- Paid Time Off
- Work Away From the Office policy offering you flexibility in how you do your work
- Flexible work hours
- A collaborative workplace where people care for one another
CQL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.